Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In #10 || My Fitness Pal

Hey everyone :)

So it always seems like something is getting in the way of me having a perfect week, for example this week I had my graduation (read about it here!) and my graduation meal out (we decided to do this on two separate occasions!) - which consisted of two days maybe not being the healthiest I could have been... (Cue guilt from the amazing burger I ate). 

BUT this week I weigh in at....



Woot woot I have lost 2lbs! How exciting :) I guess making healthier choices 95% of the time works, as there's always going to be something that throws you off course. The secret is to not let that one unhealthy choice (and make it a choice) throw you off and make you give up. If you have decided to have a burger, then enjoy it, and move on. I apologise for the bad pictures, but even with a fantastic camera, getting a good picture is impossible! So I just use my iPhone, but I guess the point isn't the quality of the picture hey!

Something that has really helped me,. and made me become a lot more aware of what I eat, is an app called 'My Fitness Pal'. I have it downloaded on my iPhone, but I know you can get it on Blackberrys and the android market too. You just enter in what you have eaten, and it tots up your calories! It's amazing. If you want to lose weight, you can enter your current weight, how much you want to lose a week and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat a day to achieve this weight loss. 

Picture from here.
You can also add friends, which I find motivates me more! It doesn't tell them when you have been over your calories though, so it's always best to be completely honest. I've always benefited from a food diary, but it has been so impractical and I have ended up giving up after a while due to it being so fussy and hard work. This app means you always have it there, there is no excuse! I ALWAYS have my phone on me, and it takes no more than 30 seconds to log in a food you've eaten, and how much, so there's no excuses!

Do you use my fitness pal? Or do you use something different? How do you keep on track with weight loss when you have celebrations to attend to? Do you try and pick healthily or let yourself have one naughty thing? Click here to go through to the 'My Fitness Pal' website.

Lots of Love,
Charlotte xxx

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I really like the MyFitness app too :) xxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's fantastic isn't it - and so easy to use.
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work dear! I used to use Fitness Pal but I switched to just keeping track of everything in a plain 'ol notebook. I feel like that keeps me more on track!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I guess as long as you record it, it's all about then finding the easiest way for you!
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete