Monday, 29 July 2013

Chirp! My Life's Loves || Lifestyle post #5

Hey everyone :)

This weeks's lifestyle post is going to look at a book I picked up on my recent trip to Cambridge. We went in to a shop called 'Barrett's' and I fell in love straight away. I don't think it's a chain, or if it is it's a small one. The shop sells cards, house decorations, wool, just everything amazing haha! I am definitely a sucker for stationary, diaries and all that goodness, so straight away I was attracted to the diaries. I am also a sucker for birds, so diaries with birds on.... It's love! 

I picked up this diary, thinking it was just going to be a plain notebook, but was pleasantly surprised when I opened it. You can see in the pictures that each page has different titles. It's by a company called 'Life Canvas', and what I was actually mega impressed with is the price - a complete bargain at £8. I was expecting it to be between £12-£20 so HAD to have it at that price! 






So I think I'm going to use it as a kind of scrap book, keeping all little bits and bobs in there. Other pages include: 'I love these films' - where I have started to staple in cinema tickets, 'This is a cause worth fighting for', 'My inspiration for today is...', 'A festival to go to', 'I wish I'd written these novels' and sooooo many more. As you can see, I've already stuck in train tickets from when I went to Cambridge, which I'm going to add pictures of my journey to, a serviette saying 'Congrats Grad' and a piece of packaging from a necklace that a friend got me for graduating, where I'm also going to add pictures from my graduation, and a recipe from my Aunty Sue - scrummy.

Do you keep a journal? Do you like scrapbooking? What would you do with a notebook like this?

Lots of Love,
Charlotte xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thats a really cute book!
    I too love stationary and cute little notebooks like this please me imensly :P xxx

    Sinead | http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I'm glad I've found someone else that enjoys stationary as much as I do!
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that journal! I've got a thing about notebooks, and I enjoy filling things like this in. I've actually recently bought a couple of large notebooks / scrapbooks from Paperchase so I can create an inspiration journal. I'm going to have to see if I can find one of these ones now, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an enjoyable thing to do, I'm quite the hoarder, so putting little memories and bits and bobs in a place like this makes it constructive and not messy! I wish I had a Paperchase near me, as the nearest one is about an hour away - boohoo!
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete